Female Guppy's Gravid Spot When From Black To Orange/yellow

phistar

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
my pregnant female guppy is huge...

last night when i looked at her... her gravid spot was dark/black

now that i just went to go feed her... her gravid spot is now orange/yellow-ish

does anyone know what that means at all? time to put her into the trap or something?

thanks in advance :good:

The babies are changing colour. They probably hatched out of their eggs and will be born in a week or so.

my pregnant female guppy is huge...

last night when i looked at her... her gravid spot was dark/black

now that i just went to go feed her... her gravid spot is now orange/yellow-ish

does anyone know what that means at all? time to put her into the trap or something?

thanks in advance :good:

Is she still fat?

Did you only just put the tank light on? - On most guppies, if you turn the fish tank light out for a long time and then turn it bk on again, thier gravid spot will be very light and then darken again the longer the light is on :)

Noting what colin said, when the fry develop in thier mother, the gravid spot actually appears darker due to the babies eyes, it does not lighten through the pregnancy..

yea... she's fat as ever!

i did just turn the tank light on... that effects the gravid spot? how so?

i wonder how much longer she is gonna be pregnant for... feels like forever! hopefully sometime this week or next week

yea... she's fat as ever!

i did just turn the tank light on... that effects the gravid spot? how so?

i wonder how much longer she is gonna be pregnant for... feels like forever! hopefully sometime this week or next week

Dont ask me how it effects the gravid spot lol cos i cant explain it ( i just know this from experience with them - many times i thought mine had dropped cos of this), just post bk in about 30 mins and tell me if its darkened again, then i know thats what caused it...

i have noticed the same with my endlers. am testing to see if its to do with the light now, will post up findings
S

i have noticed the same with my endlers. am testing to see if its to do with the light now, will post up findings
S

Yeah have a test, its strange lol, i noticed this after many years of keeping them :)

when fish go to "sleep" they loose their colouration, just like neon tetras when you first put the light on.

Most reactions

Back