Female fishkeepers.

WILDER

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator ⚒️
Reaction score
Is it true that us female fishkeepers tend to over feed, it's true in my case.

Well i did over feed when i first started fish keeping but not any more. sometimes my fish only get fed every other day, thought i try to stick with five days a week. :)

I'm not sure if I overfeed

I do feed them twice a day but they aren't roly poly fish signing up for Weight Watchers yet :blink:

When I was little I used to overfeed, but the last time I've actually done it was when I started using algae tabs for my otocinclus. It didn't occur to me that the tab was too big for one little oto, and I dropped the whole thing in. Result = cloudy water! One big water change later I realized that I had to chop the tablets into halves or quarters before dropping them in.
On the bright side, after that incident the guppies noticed that they liked algae tablets, and they quickly began chomping on them. Now they have the longest green poos I've ever seen.

Silly guppies. :lol:

I only feed every other day and in the case of something like the recent cucumber slice that they took 2 days to eat, I skipped another day. Before I found this forum though, yes I was probably overfeeding. Per the book I have I was feeding twice a day. :blink:

My mum definatly overfeeds! then again, so does my brother ... I seriously dont think I overfeed though. 2 or 3 days without feeding a week, morning they get a tiny lil bit of flake food + 2 algae tables for my corries, plec and cardinals. In the evening they get the left over bloodworms, which aint much ... so nah (left over from my puffer tank and from my bumble bee goby tank that is)

Was once told by lfs that female fishkeepers always tend to over feed fish.

I have to agree with this! :lol:

I'm always having a go at my mum for overfeeding her fish! I think its a kind of maternal instinct thing. She's always like ahhhhhh they're begging for food, poor fishies i feel sorry for them, I'll just give them a bit more!! :lol:

I agree with it to i'm trying to stop though.

I look at their little mouths opening ,looks like they want more food. -_-

She sounds like me, but I've cut down on the tropical fish, but having a hard time with my two fancy goldfish, as they make you feel guilty, he gives me that look.

Most reactions

Back