Female Chases Male Pearl Gourami?

akijikan

Reaction score
I got a pair of pearl gouramis about 5 days ago and added them to my 30 gallon. Other inhabitants: 5 celestial pearl danios, 2 bristlenose plecos, 1 molly, 1 small angel.

What I'm assuming is the male has a strong orange/red around the throat, and what I'm assuming is the female has faint orange around her throat. The female will chase the male if he isn't hiding behind driftwood or up behind the filter. And recently the male spends all his time hiding and only comes out to eat, though the female will chase him back into hiding quickly then as well.

Is the one with the faint orange actually a male as well?

I got a pair of pearl gouramis about 5 days ago and added them to my 30 gallon. Other inhabitants: 5 celestial pearl danios, 2 bristlenose plecos, 1 molly, 1 small angel.

What I'm assuming is the male has a strong orange/red around the throat, and what I'm assuming is the female has faint orange around her throat. The female will chase the male if he isn't hiding behind driftwood or up behind the filter. And recently the male spends all his time hiding and only comes out to eat, though the female will chase him back into hiding quickly then as well.

Is the one with the faint orange actually a male as well?

sounds to me like they dont like each other, my pairs, stick to each other as if there was a piece of string linking them dragging them along, follow each other everywhere, protect each other etc...

the sex is all done by the top fin shape, they all have orange bellies.

Try and swap one of them at the place you brought them or add more :) lol

Most reactions

Back