Female Betta Community Question

goodste

Reaction score
I have a 60 Litre Tank.
It currently has 2 Dwarf Frogs, 4 Amano Shrimp and 5 Rummy Nose Tetras.
I was wondering if this setup would be suitable for a small Sorority of Female Betta's?
If yes how many?
If No any suggestions for fish for a centre piece?

I have a male Crown Tail in his own tank and now love Betta's so would love to keep females in this tank.

Thanks for your help.

In gallons a 60 l tank is roughly 15 gallon.

With the stocking you have in your tank I don't think you have room for a sorority of female Bettas. Maybe if you'd consider re-homing the Rummies!

Personally I think Rummynose Tetras belong in bigger, longer tanks than that, and since they are schooling fish they should be in bigger groups than five, with the minimum number being 6, but more is better. :)

Meeresstille said:
In gallons a 60 l tank is roughly 15 gallon.

With the stocking you have in your tank I don't think you have room for a sorority of female Bettas. Maybe if you'd consider re-homing the Rummies!

Personally I think Rummynose Tetras belong in bigger, longer tanks than that, and since they are schooling fish they should be in bigger groups than five, with the minimum number being 6, but more is better.
smile.png

That's a shame, was very hopeful I could get 4 Betta's in. The Rummys do school and have been in the tank for 6months, would rather not rehome them if possible.

Thank You for your advice.

Amano Shrimp are fine with Bettas as they are fast movers, but I am not familiar with them with the frogs.

With Betta girls they need to have lots of space, hiding options and planting.  Maybe this is an opportunity to upgrade to a larger tank, or go along the MTS route which is always a sure possibility for Betta lovers 
59.gif

Have you searched Betta Sorority in the forum?  As there is a lot that has been said before on this subject, and sometimes we can forget, I know I can, to see what valuable information is already within.

I have a Betta Sorority, and they are in a 214L, with an overhead and external filter.  You can see it in my current signature as well as here.  You might also enjoy looking at this, if you have not already seen it, Betta Girls, They Can Be As Stunning As The Boys.

I also see you like snails, so for future reference, these guys are cool.

Out of interest, what is your current set up, i.e. filtration, tank type, planting etc., and do you have any pictures of it?

I don't know much about sororities, but I think they are supposed to be odd numbers.

I have had a male betta with ADFS and the betta would eat ALL the food. I have noted that many others have had the same experience. I don't know if female bettas hog food any less than the males.

Most reactions

Back