Feeding

Steve76

Reaction score
Hi all

I have a couple of questions regarding feeding.

I tend to feed small pellets and bloodworms maybe once or twice a week.

I stick to a rule of feed them as much as they will eat in a minute. This wasn't very much when I housed my fiirst fish but now the tetra in particular seem to eat frantically every time I feed them. They eat so fast that the amount they eat in a minute swells there stomachs and makes them look somewhat lumpy.

Should I be doing something differently ?

Also the ram doesn't pay much attention to the food as its going in the tank. I try and drop a flake in and allow it to drop to the bottom near to him but again not much interest. My concern is it isn't getting enough food. So any advice ?

Many Thanks

Just cut the amount you feed in half, won't hurt them. As for the ram, so long as its not losing weight, I wouldn't be concerned.

As the others have said, I would cut down the amount you're feeding in one go. As for the ram, you could try algae wafers with him- my cichlids go absolutely nuts for them :) Half a wafer every once in a while should go down really well with the ram :) But I wouldn't worry to much unless like the others have said he starts to visibly loose weight :3

Most reactions

Back