Feeding

HazardousBlue

Reaction score
Hi,

At the moment I only have three zebra danios in my BiUbe. When purchased the assistant gave me some food and said once a day, every other day. So at feeding, I found the food too big for their mouths, and went for some micro pellets which they die for. Now on both packets it says 2-3 times daily as much as they can eat in 2 mins or so.

so question - what is the ideal feeding period - 2-3 times a day, or as the assistant told me ?

Cheers..

Hi,

At the moment I only have three zebra danios in my BiUbe. When purchased the assistant gave me some food and said once a day, every other day. So at feeding, I found the food too big for their mouths, and went for some micro pellets which they die for. Now on both packets it says 2-3 times daily as much as they can eat in 2 mins or so.

so question - what is the ideal feeding period - 2-3 times a day, or as the assistant told me ?

Cheers..

on a similar note - he told me they would like live food - what would be good for these type of fish, and is it recommended ? I noticed they had cucumber in their tanks - again, good idea ?

Once a day every day as much as they eat in a couple of mins. With small fish they appreciate daily feedings as opposed to one day of food and then one without. But once a day is more than sufficient. If they don't seem overly interested in the food you put in then clearly they have eaten too much the day before, so just adjust the amounts until they are eager to be fed every day but maintaining their weight.

Live foods are a good idea as a treat, I'd go for live daphnia, or frozen daphnia (defrosted before you give it to them of course! :))

Saying that thought, if you're doing a fish in cycle then this may be why the shop assistant suggested feeding every other day. To cut down on the waste produced by the fish.

The feeding regime depends mainly on how much you are feeding. If your fish are left a bit hungry after each feeding, you can feed more than once a day and things will be OK. If you are feeding until the fish are fully satisfied, once a day is plenty. If you are feeding enough that there are any left over food particles, skip at least 1 of every 3 days so that the fish can get caught up on all the food in the tank. For only 3 danios, it will be difficult to restrain yourself enough to be able to feed more than once a day.

Most reactions

Back