!feeding Question!

clark

Reaction score
well.....ive been feeding my cichlid pellets for 3 years and i was wondering....could i feed it feeder fish.....and how often should i feed him because i definatly dont want to over feed(bad way to loose him) alrighty well theres a pic of him in my signature hes about 6" and ibelive its a midas......and how much should i be feeing him pellets(daily)

Thanks!

Don't feed him feeder fish.. they aren't healthy for it in the first place, and most feeders aren't healthy either, so if the feeders have any kind of disease (lots do) they will give them to your fish.

If you want to feed him variety, stay far away from feeders, 'cause there are much healthier alternatives. Try frozen foods. Mine gobble plankton up like it's candy. :D

Along with pellets you can feed shimp, kill, worms, insects, insect larva, and yes... even feeder fish if you can trust the source you are getting them from. And in the end pellets will do the job.

Unless you are "very" certain of the source, I would avoid feeders. Your fish doesn't really require it and looks quite healthy as it is. IMO the risks outweigh the benifits in your case. Perhaps for an occasional treat you could raise guppies or plattys yourself if you have a spare tank.

Frozen bloodworm and brine shrimp are good alternatives too.

It's so pointless to feed feeders.. they do no good for your fish.
Feeders can be malnurished from the fish store making them less nutritious of a food, and those bred in worse environments can harbour disease that we don't want in our tanks. But a healthy feeder is a healthy treat.

Good pellet food is better for fish then any feeder.. some people like watching a feeder get eaten or ripped apart... I think it's creepy

Most reactions

Back