Feeding bugs to my fish

Realpedro

Reaction score
Hi all.

I keep a few leopard frogs and often collect slugs, earthworms, woodlice, and other common small bugs to feed them.

I was wondering if a) there is any danger in feeding such bugs to gouramis and
b) whether plecos or corys would eat them if they sink dead to the bottom of the tank

I feed mosquito larvae to my fish I've got it breeding in water buts and buckets outside and i have 3 water Butts of daphnia inside the Fish House the mosquitoes are breeding regularly with the daphnia remember un- eating mosquito larvae means mosquitoes some I caught yesterday another great food for the fish
IMG_0844 (640x480).jpg

I feed mosquito larvae to my fish I've got it breeding in water buts and buckets outside and i have 3 water Butts of daphnia inside the Fish House the mosquitoes are breeding regularly with the daphnia remember un- eating mosquito larvae means mosquitoes some I caught yesterday another great food for the fish
View attachment 111877
Occasionally there is a mosquito in my room, I kill it and my fish aren't interested in it at alll lol

I try and have a nice batch of live larvae everyday for my tetra. I have been having issues with frogs raiding my tubs and with heavy rain washing way larvae. I am also freezing some for the winter.

another good life food are fruit flies i onley breed the flightless ones although they don't fly they can move quite fast so a lot of the fish don't get the chance to eat them so I freeze a large percentage of them. the tub on the left is ready to go into the freezer and the other is ready to feed to the fish
IMG_0573 (640x480).jpg

all my fish are fed live foods almost daily they will eat anything that moves lol

Can you give some examples of bugs your fish like to eat?

Edit: Just read down further and saw your posts about daphnia and fruit flies.

Most reactions

Back