Feeding brings aggression

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Guppy10

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Hi all. I've recently started mixing up feeding between algae wafers, trop flake, and fish fuel wafers. Out of all these, the sinking fish fuel by far brings out more aggressive feeding ! 48% protein so can't really knock my female platt from kicking all the other fish out. A barb seems to have it in for 1 of my angels and another platy , male,chases a barb endlessly. No harm done as they all get some in the end. No one bothers the corys though and they muscle in at will !! The gouramis try to get in and shield the pellets until the Angels take over. I no you will say bad mix but I didn't no a while ago, tho they are all healthy. I have hard water and have yet to loose a neon thru ill health or disease so can't be too bad. Watching them feed is very entertaining. A little and often as I want to build up a platy that I think has worms as it's always been then and small but perky now, just needs to gain weight. Can't treat tank as I have snails.

Hi all. I've recently started mixing up feeding between algae wafers, trop flake, and fish fuel wafers. Out of all these, the sinking fish fuel by far brings out more aggressive feeding ! 48% protein so can't really knock my female platt from kicking all the other fish out. A barb seems to have it in for 1 of my angels and another platy , male,chases a barb endlessly. No harm done as they all get some in the end. No one bothers the corys though and they muscle in at will !! The gouramis try to get in and shield the pellets until the Angels take over. I no you will say bad mix but I didn't no a while ago, tho they are all healthy. I have hard water and have yet to loose a neon thru ill health or disease so can't be too bad. Watching them feed is very entertaining. A little and often as I want to build up a platy that I think has worms as it's always been then and small but perky now, just needs to gain weight. Can't treat tank as I have snails.
This is normal.

Try to feed them all along the tank, not just in one spot.

I have all small tetras so it looks like a WW2 dog fight (fighter planes) My albino cory just sit on the bottom waiting for my to drop a few pellets to him.

I have all small tetras so it looks like a WW2 dog fight (fighter planes) My albino cory just sit on the bottom waiting for my to drop a few pellets to him.
That is hilarious! My fish do eat the same way and my male swordtail would chase one of the females. They literally hate each other! :D

After I have put my alpha sword female back to her friends, my male would immediately court her lol

Most reactions

Back