Feeding Adf

Trina

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm new to this forum and aquariums. I have 2 ADF and 3 zebra danios in a 5 gallon hex. So far they are all happy. They have been living together for 8 days.

I'm a little worried b/c I NEVER see my frogs eat. My fish get most of the frog bites as the fall through the water. Today I managed to drop 3 pellets right in front of one of my frogs. He just sat there for 2-3 minutes and then swam off. Then a fish got one of the pellets.

I guess they must be eating something or they wouldn't still be OK? Right? They swim and play and seem fine.

I have read that some people put food in a little glass jar and drop the jar down for the frogs. I think my frogs might be a little "mentally challenged" for that and just not get it. My fish, on the other hand, all seem like little geniuses!

Any suggestions/comments are welcome.

Thanks and sorry to be so long.

well, for feeding your frogs,
some good ways are buying yourself a turkey baster and squirting the food above the frogs, dont feed pellets, get some bloodworms.live or frozen, NOT freeze dried
other ways are putting lots of bloodworms next to the frog, and putting a jar over the frog and food, trapping the frog with the bloodworms, if the frog swims to the top of the jar, move the jar out of the way as the frog might wanting to get to the surface to breath,
or remove them every other day and use tweezers to wiggle food infront of them.
this can stress them out with catching etc,
if gravel is what you have, bloodworms will fall though the gaos, use a small plate or something.

other issues to address are a 5 gallon tank with danios in? danios are not only shoaling fish that need bigger groups of 3, but are also very active and need more room to swim around.
read other topics in this section about feeding frogs, i posted on one a few days ago. have a look :good:

Most reactions

Back