favourite guppy

The June FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

fish48

Fish Gatherer
Reaction score
The half black yellow guppy is an old favourite of mine this strain of guppy breeds true and are of good quality when kept in good conditions the colour is stunning although the picture don't do them justice
IMG_7310 (640x480) (2).jpg

IMG_5724 (640x480) - Copy.jpg

Nice looking guppies, like the color. I just getting into having fancy guppies and the two pair I bought already have a few fry. Hope they turn out looking as nice as the parents. :fish:

Attachments

• GEDC1330.JPG
    GEDC1330.JPG
    992 KB · Views: 77
  • GEDC1339.JPG
    GEDC1339.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 75
Guppies were the only fish my LFS was able to keep a full tank of during C-19. They had maybe 3-5 fish per tank and some tanks were empty. The guppy tanks (2) always had plenty to choose from. I now have at least 8-10 fry in my fancy guppy tank :fish:

Guppies were the only fish my LFS was able to keep a full tank of during C-19. They had maybe 3-5 fish per tank and some tanks were empty. The guppy tanks (2) always had plenty to choose from. I now have at least 8-10 fry in my fancy guppy tank :fish:
the only problem with guppies is getting over run with them I try not to run more than six tanks/ different types of guppy.
I'm crossing this top sword back with a blonde female top sword guppy
IMG_7558 (640x480).jpg

I started out with 8 feeder guppies to help plant/silent cycle a 30 gallon tall tank. They were just fry at the time. I found out later I had 7 females and 1 male-he had a great time and I ended up with a 100 of so fry and guppies. I moved them to my RES turtle tank. In over 30 years of keeping I didn't keep guppies until now. Nice looking guppy, I like the tail.

there are so many varieties of guppies these days it's the most popular tropical fish it's not just a beginners fish as many people believe I know many experienced and knowledgeable guppy keepers that would keep nothing but guppies I got my first aquarium back in the 70s and keept guppies ever since

the only problem with guppies is getting over run with them I try not to run more than six tanks/ different types of guppy.
I'm crossing this top sword back with a blonde female top sword guppy
View attachment 105416
Then you'll be having something like this...
DSCF9813a.jpg

there are so many varieties of guppies these days it's the most popular tropical fish it's not just a beginners fish as many people believe I know many experienced and knowledgeable guppy keepers that would keep nothing but guppies I got my first aquarium back in the 70s and keept guppies ever since
True! Not all guppies should be considered being beginners fish. There are strains that come with a manual...

Most reactions

Back