• F.Killifishes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • G.Catfishes

• H.Loaches

• I.Livebearers

• J.Other (elephant fish, siamese tiger fish, butterfly fish, knifefish, archer fish etc.)

• Total voters
Considering that I have plans for future tanks involving most of those categories, that's kind of a hard question. I want to keep them all. Well most of them.

But I picked Anabantids. I currently have both gourami and a betta and they are truly wonderful fish.

:D i picked loaches cos i really like them all. Not to say that I don't like other fish.....like lots.Have to say that i have no liking for bettas for my tanks......lots of people like them....i am not one of them.

vantgE said:
charliecanskatesome said:
lol everyone picked the "betta category". y do people like those so much?
I wanna no too, cause never see bettas do much
I don't know. I like gouramis better. In their defense, bettas have some of the most variable personalities of any fish. Which is why I think people keep so many of them. Their ability to live in a 2.5g tank (and often less, though some of us disagree on that point) probably helps as well.

I voted livebearers because I have so many of them.

I was wondering what's the difference b/w cyprinids and characins? Can you tell me a fish that fits in each category (preferably if they are in my sig)?

tempestuousfury said:
I voted livebearers because I have so many of them.

I was wondering what's the difference b/w cyprinids and characins? Can you tell me a fish that fits in each category (preferably if they are in my sig)?
Cyprinids:
Barbs
Danios
Rasboras
Loaches
most "Sharks"

Characins:
Tetras
Silver Dollars
Pencilfish
Piranhas

HTH! :thumbs:

I like all of the fish, but I voted Anabantids, because my favorite fish is my 9 1/2" kissing gourami, Angel. (shh, don't tell the other fish!!) ;)

Most reactions

Back