False Bandit Cory Please Help!

Gadgetman1805

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
hey everyone ive noticed that my false bandit cory! has lost its colour completley!

its stripe over its eye and rear fin have completley gone white can anyone help i have 2 others and the colour is still a very strong black in them.

ive uploaded a picture if anyone can identify what is wrong with it or help in any way.

Would be very grateful! as i love these fish!

thanks

6c6sosg.jpg

and heres a pic of the other one to show what the colour was like:

I just noticed that you have light colored stone. What color of substrate(gravels or sands) do you have?
Because sometime the fish can change color. It is not like red to blue or nothing but I see my fish change color sometime. Maybe color is not right word for it but change the tint of their body color. This is what happened to my Sterbai Corys. I used to keep them in black sand and I had to move them to different tank that had more tan colored sands. And they definately become lighter colored. I saw same thing with my Pandas. When they are kept with darker sands, their black marking is more vivid black but when I move to the tank with tanish lighter colored sands, they do become lighter color over all and their marking become faded looks.
So it seems they do their best to try to blend in their surroundings.

Of course, sometime, the fish color fade when they are not well or scared also. The surrounding color influence their color also.

Many of the tan bodied Corys can and will change their body colour according to mood, health or surroundings, I don't think it is anything to worry much about.

You call the fish a "false bandit" your fish is a C. metae, which is the bandit Cory. Nothing false about it.

Ian

I thought the cory in question was a C. metae but gadgetman said that it used to have a black line over its eye. I didnt think that C. metae had a black line over its eye?? Sorry to hijack thread alittle bit

I thought the cory in question was a C. metae but gadgetman said that it used to have a black line over its eye. I didnt think that C. metae had a black line over its eye?? Sorry to hijack thread alittle bit
Not a very good pic, but this is C. metae - Frank

Attachments

• c_metae_fr.jpg
    c_metae_fr.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 117
Not a very good pic, but this is C. metae - Frank

Fishing for complements, Frank? No need. Gorgeous fish and pic!

Oh true. I never thought they had a black patch over their eyes. Maybe the place that stocks them arnt colourful enough and not showing the patch. As always lovely pic Frank

Most reactions

Back