fairy shrimp egg hatching rate

Sgooosh

Fish Maniac
Tank of the Month 🏆
2x Fish of the Month 🌟
Reaction score
Hello, I put some fairy shrimp eggs in a container with around 65f temp
they have been in the sun for a whole day, but the sun isnt that strong
how long do you think it will take for them to hatch?

I am assuming you are talking about what are commonly known as brine shrimp. If so you can expect at least 2 to 3 days at that temp. Additionally the eggs hatch better with agitation, so the addition of air at the bottom of the hatching container is helpful. This is why most hatcheries are conical at the bottom. Don't use fine bubbler, I run just a stiff line into the hatcher bottom, the fine bubbles can stick to the young shrimp.

I am assuming you are talking about what are commonly known as brine shrimp. If so you can expect at least 2 to 3 days at that temp. Additionally the eggs hatch better with agitation, so the addition of air at the bottom of the hatching container is helpful. This is why most hatcheries are conical at the bottom. Don't use fine bubbler, I run just a stiff line into the hatcher bottom, the fine bubbles can stick to the young shrimp.
I'm talking about freshwater Brine shrimp
I will add a bubbler to the bottom

They need warmer water. Put the eggs in a container of water with an airline bubbling away. Have the container on top of a tropical aquarium or in a heated fish room.

They need warmer water. Put the eggs in a container of water with an airline bubbling away. Have the container on top of a tropical aquarium or in a heated fish room.
thanks, I put the box in a heated tank and stuck an airline inside

Most reactions

Back