explain how a gravel vac works?

BadKarma99-4spd

Reaction score
Nashille TN(Middle Tennesse State University)
Can someone please explain to me how a gravel vac works? id like to get one that they advertise that connects with your faucet. i understand how this would work to fill the tank, but how would it suck water and particles out? do i need a different attachment if i decide to go with sand? i read about the hovering over the sand to suck stuff up and all.

any help is appreciated
thanks

You're probably meaning a Python. It has a small piece of plastic that you twist and push up to fill and to get suction you just twist and push down. Easy as that. :)

You wouldn't need another attachment for sand. It's used the same way. The suction force is created by how fast you turn the water on and it also has a small lever by your hand you can open/close for even better control. You would hover it over the sand just high enough to pick it up. With gravel you would put it all the way into it and the particles float up while the gravel is dropped because it is too heavy.

I would definately get a Python. They are more than worth the money for their ease of use.

Most reactions

Back