Everyone survived the switch from gravel to sand and wow what a behavior change

Wow what a bunch of information. The sand I put in is black and very fine and maybe 1 1/2 inches at the deepest spot. I am going to try just vacuuming the top without any stirring although thus far the snails have cleaned up pretty well. The MTS I ordered are not here yet - should get here in the next day or so. I ordered 10 but they always send extras and everything I've read said they reproduce pretty quickly. I'll start with 4 in the 10 gallon and the rest in the 20 gallon.

Wow what a bunch of information. The sand I put in is black and very fine and maybe 1 1/2 inches at the deepest spot. I am going to try just vacuuming the top without any stirring although thus far the snails have cleaned up pretty well. The MTS I ordered are not here yet - should get here in the next day or so. I ordered 10 but they always send extras and everything I've read said they reproduce pretty quickly. I'll start with 4 in the 10 gallon and the rest in the 20 gallon.
Sorry for hijacking your post. :(

It's related to my topic so I didn't think you were hijacking it. I appreciate the benefit of other's experiences and the wealth of knowledge that so many have.

Most reactions

Back