Everyone meet Sky. Sky..... everyone.

mrsjoannh13

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Please say hello to Sky, my beautiful new betta. After being devastated yesterday with a DOA betta from a breeder, I decided to get one locally. My PetCo has an amazing variety of bettas - all with clean water and they appear very healthy. My daughter helped me pick out and name Sky. He is a rose tail and so far seems very chill, which I like. I have horrible vision but to me his tail looks okay - I didn't see any fin rot. What do you guys think? He seems very active and alert but more mellow than a lot of the more aggressive little betta dudes we saw.

He is getting acclimated in his 10 gallon hospital tank right now and that will be his home for the next 4 - 6 weeks. After that he goes into my 20 gallon with 7 false julii corydoras and a few amano shrimp which *hopefully* will be too big and fast for Sky to eat. I love Sky but no $10 snacks for him!

I'll try to post more in the coming days as Sky gets used to his new home and I can eventually get more light on his tank.

Attachments

• IMG_7762.jpeg
    IMG_7762.jpeg
    199.6 KB · Views: 97
  • IMG_7763.jpeg
    IMG_7763.jpeg
    170.9 KB · Views: 96
Gorgeous! Congrats on your new betta! I'm sorry about the DOA one, what a sad package to get :(

Looks healthy to me, but I'm no betta expert. @EllRog , what do you think? Also, do you think this one might change colour if it's a juvenile?

I love the photo where he's facing the camera, cheeks puffed out! lol, so cute!

Very pretty!

Is that a blue sheen I see on the anal/tail fin?

He's in his hospital tank now. Couple of big plants, blackwater, 78 degrees and 10 gallons all to himself. Ahhhhhhhhh... what a life.

Attachments

• IMG_7772.jpeg
    IMG_7772.jpeg
    189 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_7770.jpeg
    IMG_7770.jpeg
    376.9 KB · Views: 75
He is very handsome and lucky to QT in a 10 and upgrade to a 20! Wince when I see a betta being bought with a 1-2 gallon "tank".

Congrats on your new Betta, he looks like he has lots of personality. Max is still very young and very small when I got him, he is growing but his color seems to be the same. If anything else Max's color has gotten deeper, I think it is because he is happy in his new home. Keep us up on how Sky is doing, a great name for a Betta and he looks like the color of the sky.

Congrats on your new Betta, he looks like he has lots of personality. Max is still very young and very small when I got him, he is growing but his color seems to be the same. If anything else Max's color has gotten deeper, I think it is because he is happy in his new home. Keep us up on how Sky is doing, a great name for a Betta and he looks like the color of the sky.
Sky is super chill. So much so that a couple of times I had to check to make sure he was still alive. I'm chalking it up to stress and he needs some energy from some juicy bloodworms (on tomorrow's menu). So in terms of personality, this dude is super duper laid back.

I wanted to name him Sklyar and my husband and daughter both screamed in protest. They both wanted Sky so Sky it is. I'm not telling them that his full formal name on his fishy birth certificate is indeed Sklar and Sky is just a nickname. That can be our little secret.

So that I can just sit on my bum and drink wine on the couch and not have to get up every 5 minutes to check on Sky, the hubs set up a web cam right in front of his tank. The thing on the front is a "hospital tank" decoration my daughter made LOL.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-03-13 at 6.27.41 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-03-13 at 6.27.41 PM.png
    448.7 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_7737.jpeg
    IMG_7737.jpeg
    252.9 KB · Views: 65
I think Sky is in a small amount of shock and confusion being in a new home. Anyone can correct me if I am mistaken, but most Bettas like Sky and Max bought through an LFS have spent their entire lives inside a small space. When they finally reach their forever home, it can be a bit of a shock to find themselves in so much space to swim around. I know Max was acting really calm and just hung around in a couple of places when I first released him in his 29-gallon tank. But in a week are so he became very active and swimming all over the place exploring every thing.

Most reactions

Back