Ever seen a spotted Ghost Shrimp?

Acclaimed

Reaction score
Ive read around and nothing has said anything about their shells changing color. I bought 10 feeder GS and they were all their normal opaque color. I was looking around this morning and one has dark brown spots on his shell. Looks kinda neat, I just didn't know they could/would do that.

I have 3 ghost shrimp, they all have brown spots, there great.

Saw some cherry shrimp, last weekend but they where very exspencive and I had no money :(

but the shop will become my LFS soon, as my B/f perents are moving very close to it, so will be there more often now.

I must say there tanks where spotless as well. :D

my ghost shrimp always do that too, they change color after i bring them home. try posting inthe invert section, maybe someone knows there.

my dad (Mr FishMan, the guy who got the current 50 when he was 17) has informed me real Ghost Shrimp are purely marine, and the freshwater ones you have sound like my Japonicus Shrimp. males have little brownish/teal spots, females have blue spots as far as i can tell- the only egg-carriers are the blue-spots.

=3

My ghost shrimp developed reddish brown spots. I researched it and found out that the sinking pellets I was feeding them with had colour enhancers :p It was pigment deposits showing in their shells. Won't hurt them, just looks different.

x Fish x said:
my dad (Mr FishMan, the guy who got the current 50 when he was 17) has informed me real Ghost Shrimp are purely marine, and the freshwater ones you have sound like my Japonicus Shrimp. males have little brownish/teal spots, females have blue spots as far as i can tell- the only egg-carriers are the blue-spots.

=3
Actually, there are several species of Ghost Shrimp ranging from pure freshwater to pure marine and brackish in the middle. Some are North American natives too, not Japanese. :)

Most reactions

Back