Staff member
Global Moderator โš’๏ธ
Tank of the Month ๐Ÿ†
Reaction score
potm-bigbanner.jpg

๐ŸŽ๐Ÿฉ๐Ÿˆ๐Ÿ“๐Ÿฆœ๐Ÿ•ท๏ธ๐ŸฆŽ๐Ÿชฑ๐Ÿˆโ€โฌ›๐Ÿ•โ€๐Ÿฆบ
:big_boss:
PLEASE VOTE NOW
We have 6 handsome pets entered into the September 2024 Pet of the Month Contest. View all the pets and descriptions below and then go to top of page and click on your choice for POTM and then click the "cast" button.

Please DO NOT post any comments about any specific pet in this thread...such posts will promptly be deleted.

You are not allowed to update your entry picture once voting has started.

Please Note:
Any attempt to influence competition results, other than by casting your allocated vote, is not permitted and may result in your entry being removed and / or further action being taken. You are not allowed to have friends or family join TFF for the main purpose of voting for you. This is a public poll so source of votes can be viewed.

You are allowed to change your vote if you wish.

Poll will close on September 30th at 4 PM ET (US).
Thread will periodically be cleaned up for reada

Last edited:
IMG_0907.jpeg

This is Tralfaz . Heโ€™s named for George Jetsonโ€™s dog Astro and the name he was known as by a mistaken owner . Cโ€™mon youโ€™ve seen the cartoon . Tralfaz , or Tralfy for short , showed up one day two years ago and never left . He had a little adventure this summer . He wound up in the pound and I had to spring him so heโ€™s an ex-con now . Tralfaz has one particular trait that has endeared him to me for good . He refuses to use a cat box . He goes to the door and yowls to be let out just like a well behaved dog . He never sprays in the house and he only claws one old piece of furniture and leaves the rest alone . He likes Meow-Mix so well that he asks for it by name . His only bad habit ? He is a hunter and he is the nightmare of every bird and rabbit and mouse he finds . He looks Siamese to me , maybe a FlamePoint , but he is mixed up with something else too . I say Siamese because heโ€™s a talker . The guy always has something to say .

Last edited by a moderator:
20240910_193220.jpg

This is Mittens.
Mittens is new to the family, he is a juvenile Kenyan sand boa. He is a gentle little guy who should reach about 24 inches in length (females get larger, but this guy is male).
He eats thawed out food, so no worries of live foods (I like rodents a lot, so I'd be really sad if he only ate live!). He lives in a 40 gal vivarium all to himself, kept cozy and toasty at 85-95F depending on which side of the viv he's on.
He's got a derpy face, with a funky hard scale on the tip of his nose meant for burrowing into sand. It kinda tickles when he tries to burrow into your hand.
He likes to wrap around your hand and explore your fingers and will sit calmly in your hand for awhile.
I know he's a snake, but he's a cute snake. He's the family shared pet since our kid has always wanted a snake, and both husband and I like snakes as well. However, we wanted a species that handles well but also doesn't grow large. Kenyan sand boas are fantastic for that and we can't be happier with him. He's not like the most interactive pet, but he's really cool and he's definitely more goofy looking than scary I think. (My mother in law is terrified of snakes, so we also gave him a very non frightening name so it's not so bad for her).

Validation photo:

IMG_0038 (1).jpg

This here is Floof!

He was adopted about two years ago and was sadly matted up badly. I can now say that he is flourishing and is doing much better than he originally was. From what we were told at the shelter, he was two, so he should be 4. He used to be very shy and always hid, but has now really came out of his shell. He is very active with his younger brother and sister and is really just a big ol' goofy big brother. He likes to take naps around in the window when the sun is out when he isn't tending to them. He's also a huge cuddler and will always come to us when we are watching anything and just plop himself on us. He is actually very well-behaved and loves posing for photos, as you can tell from the first picture, haha. He will always come for regular Meow-Mix but goes crazy any time we give him any brand of wet food. We aren't really sure what breed he was as the shelter didn't know when he was picked up. From what we can tell, he just seems to be a Domestic Longhair. It doesn't matter what he is, because we love him either way!

Validation Photo:

20240513_220138.jpg

Meet Thor, your friendly neighborhood face licker. Thor is my Dad's best friend and my fishing pal. When Thors not busy slobbering on our tile floors while he's slumbering he's outside in front of our garage deeply dedicated to our neighborhood watch program although it's for his own selfish needs, gotta keep those cats in line. Thor weighs in at 104lbs and is 5 years old, ready to rumble with any would-be criminal and has extensive K9 training also including gunfire neutrality training. This dog more than likely eats better than you do too, I know he eats better than I do eating everything from watermelon to ribeye steaks and tomahawk bones! He enjoys long walks down river banks and snuffing out critters from the brush scaring all the fish so his master won't catch a thing. We've spent many a day together fishing mountain lakes. This fur factory is trained to walk with no leash and never strays too far unless he's allowed/commanded to do so making him the perfect fishing partner cuz he doesn't talk. Thor has been exceptional for our home security needs and if youre an uninvited guest he'll be the 1st to greet you. In all seriousness Thors been one helluvah dog, my/kids best friend and we're blessed he's in our lives.

IMG_1579.jpeg

This is Remi. He is a European starling, invasive in the United States. I was picking a flower when I heard screaming to my right. When I looked over I saw Remi on the ground, mouth open expecting food. When I found him his eyes werenโ€™t even open yet. I called wildlife rehabs but none would take him because he is invasive. Everyone told me that he would die but I knew he wouldnโ€™t. I raised him from the time he was around 5-7 days old all the way to where he is now, just turned a year old. I have done much research since the moment I found him and I have been able to learn so much about starlings. He is already starting to speak, he can say his name, Remi, and hello. He loves taking baths, he gets water everywhere and when he first learned to fly he would try to take baths in my aquariums and I quickly had to shut that habit down, but he would find anyway to have a bath no matter what, now he always has access to two baths. He has the most personality out of any bird Iโ€™ve owned. People who see him now call him a โ€œwild birdโ€ but he is far from it. He follows me everywhere in my room and he is almost constantly on my shoulder or my head. He gets excited when I walk into the room, or let him out of his cage to fly and even just sit on my shoulder or play with the keys of my computer while I do work.

Additional photos of when he was a baby and one that I find funny, starlings open their beaks to try to open and look at things and move things out of the way. In this case, it was my camera lenses.

IMG_0787.jpeg

This is Chloe. She is 8 months old. Her father was a cockapoo and her mother was a bischonpoo. Chloe is 8 pounds and full of spunk. She can do all kinds of tricks and can perform calculus.

End of Entries
Scroll up slowly as you review the 6 handsome entries and then in the poll at the top of this thread, click on your choice for Pet of the Month. Be sure to click the CAST button to register your vote.

Coming up at the end of this month, we will start taking entries for our October Tank of the Month contest. For October we are featuring tanks sized at 17 to 30 US gallons. If you have that size tank, we hope you enter it in the TOTM contest.

Last edited:
5 members have voted already. But we want all active members to vote. If you havenโ€™t yet voted
Please Vote Now
:vote:

Most reactions

Back