šŸ  TOTM ENTER NOW - November 2024 Tank of the Month Contest (31 gal and larger)

connorlindeman

Plant Man
Contest Moderator
5x Tank of the Month šŸ†
Reaction score
tankofthemonth-img.jpg

:big_boss:

Please enter now!

Ladies and Gents, Boys and Girls, all our fish lovers around the world - it's time for our monthly Tank of the Month Contest!
This month we are allowing only freshwater aquariums sized at 31 US gallons (117 litres) and larger to be entered in the TOTM contest.

If you have a tank of the above stated size, please consider entering this month's contest. It doesn't matter whether your tank is planted or not planted and it doesn't matter if your tank is not yet near your final goal. More entrants make the contest more interesting, so enter your tank today!

RULES:
A picture uploaded via our "attach files" tool with a handwritten note held in front or attached to your tank with "November 2024 TFF TOTM" written on it is required to validate your entry. If you wish, you may post either a second recent picture OR a video (not both) without the note attached. (If you post a 2nd pic or video, that pic or video will be displayed as your entry post in the poll). Right under the pictures or the video, post a nice detailed write-up of your tank.
**The write up should include a good description of your tank including size, age of setup, fish stocking, water parameters, ferts used, lighting, filtration type, aeration, tank maintenance procedures, feeding schedules, etc.
  • The tank you enter must be in your household
  • If you won a TOTM contest previously, you must skip at least 2 TOTM contests before you can enter a different tank.
  • Video can be uploaded to youtube and then a link to the video may be posted in this thread.
  • A detailed description is required!
  • Entries will be accepted till 4 PM ET (US) on November 3rd or when we have 10 entrants...whichever comes first. Any entrant who posts an entry after we have 10 entrants will be asked to enter the next TOTM contest and their post will be deleted. The winner will be decided by votes cast by FishForums.net members.
  • Please note: you are not allowed to have friends or family join TFF for the main purpose of voting for your entry
What do I win?
  • You will get a cool banner in your profile area noting that you are a winner of Tank of the Month.
  • Your winning entry will be showcased in a "TOTM Winner" topic for all to see and to comment.
  • Your winning entry will be added to our TOTM Wall of Fame
Please donā€™t post any opinions about any specific entry. Such posts will be promptly deleted. Thread will be cleaned up occasionally for readability.

IMG_6640.png

itā€™s a dark water tank, a 10 inch bubble waterfall, and a modified Tidal 75, both on the right side, means itā€™s a highly cross flowing tankā€¦ with floating Asian water moss on half the tank, with a 6 inch floating plant ring, positioned to beam light to the Anubis, they flow down stream, and form a thick blanket of plants, on the top left hand sideā€¦ which I maintain at about half the surfaceā€¦ this tank is 24 inches deep, and with the dark water, it has 2 - 36 inch LED dawn to dusk lights, and has polished 1 inch black river rock on the bottom, and an upper and lower tangle of Java ferns, and a few peace lilies in hang on potsā€¦ this is my hardest tank to maintain, as itā€™s built in, and protrudes into the room, so itā€™s fully viewable from both long sides, the disadvantage is it can only be worked on from above one narrow side, and requires special tools, that Iā€™ve either made, or collected, to maintain the tankā€¦ itā€™s really over stocked with nearly every African tetra I could get, but itā€™s working, and while itā€™s too crowded to get reproduction, I get to watch spawning activity nearly every dayā€¦

Last edited by a moderator:
IMG_0579.jpeg
West African Congolese set up. This 60 gallon tank is 10 weeks old: 48ā€Wx18.5ā€Lx16ā€H. Fluval digital heater. Hygger lights. Aquaclear 110 HOB filter and an air powered sponge filter.
Stock: six a. thomasi (African butterfly cichlids), six a. caudalis (WC yellow tail Congo tetras) and a pair of WC p. pulcher- Ndonga.
Plants: Amazon swords, Cryptocoryne wendii and Anubias.

Last edited:
IMG_20241025_214244877.jpg

This is my 755ltr tank. It's been setup for just over a year. All fish were from my 450 ltr.
No idea on their ages other than Steve (Tiger Oscar) who is 3 years old. Everything else comes from 'second hand purchases'.
The Pothos growing on the top is the only viable plant these days because the Sailfin is too destructive. The ferts, just fish poo. :)
The tank runs on a sump. I previously ran filter socks but it was just too much faff when I can just change out the filter foam more often.
Stocking is pretty much what you see is what you get. There are also two different Raphael catfish, a cuckoo catfish, an upsidedown catfish and a Plec that is about 2 inches long. Everything ignores it and it spends most of it's time sucking wood. The cats were inherited with the old 450 ltr tank about 6 years ago.

Last edited by a moderator:

Most reactions

Back