Endlers

maddie

Reaction score
Could anyone tell me how often to feed Endlers. I'm fine on what they need and like but I've never found whether it's Flakes in the morning and live at night or live every second day.
I have a Aqua-one Pro tank that holds 150L ( 35imp.or 42us gal) . In this tank I have 6 Male, 25 Female and aprox 15 fry that is increasing daily.
I hope to get another smaller tank tomorrow to seperate the Fry so they have a better chance of surviving.
Hope someone can help before I kill them with kindness.
Regards,
Maddie

No idea I'm afraid, but I'll watch this thread with interest as Endlers are top of my list once my tank is cycled. I saw them en masse at the LFS and they are awesome!

I've not kept them, but flake or similar and as much as they'll eat in two minutes is always a good rule of thumb. Its quite difficult to starve fish to death, but very easy to overfeed.

I feed 6 times a week
enough food to all be eaten with in 2 mins.

You can feed twice a day but then only half the amount.

If you read up on feeding practice's you should feed 3 times a day but is not necessary.
However fry do better with 3 times a day but only small amounts.

I also feed some live foods 1-2 times a week.

I feed mine daily and just use flake most of the time. My 45 US gallon tank ends up looking like this in a short time when there is almost no cover for the fry. These guys are prolific.

Firstshot.jpg

hey Oldman my endler just dropped her first batch of fry, i m so excited to watch it grow up. also i found out they don't eat thier fry? :fun:
i found 12 fry so far...

Actually, they will eat their fry but are not crazy about it like a swordtail might be. You will likely have a few surviving fry and the more mixed the age group, the less likely the new fry will be eaten. It won't long before you find the need to remove some fsh HotDogeramer.

yeah i think that will be the case because my other endler female dropped 5 fry. Oldman you were right about endlers being easy to breed.
how amny types of fish do you have? you seem to know alot about every type of livebearer in this forum. B-)

I have kept all of the more common ones over the years and recently have branched out to have 2 species of Limias and 6 species of goodeids. It is far from a comprehensive list but it keeps me close enough to remember what is different among the fish. I have not ever gone very far into the fancy fish like extreme fins in fish or the deformed, to me, balloon mollies. Those just don't appeal to me like a robust wild type fish.

I have not ever gone very far into the fancy fish like extreme fins in fish or the deformed, to me, balloon mollies. Those just don't appeal to me like a robust wild type fish.

I'm with you here all the way

But lately I've been getting into fancy guppies :)

yeah i think that will be the case because my other endler female dropped 5 fry. Oldman you were right about endlers being easy to breed.
how amny types of fish do you have? you seem to know alot about every type of livebearer in this forum. B-)

yeah i m with you on that one, ballon mollies are not good looking at all. i prefer more natural looking fish.

I am not anti any kind of fish. I do not keep balloon mollies for the same reason that I don't keep zebra danios. They just don't hold any appeal for me. That doesn't mean that there is anything inherently wrong with them. I also don't keep flowerhorns because hybrids are less to my liking than natural fish that can be found in the wild. .

I am not anti any kind of fish. I do not keep balloon mollies for the same reason that I don't keep zebra danios. They just don't hold any appeal for me. That doesn't mean that there is anything inherently wrong with them. I also don't keep flowerhorns because hybrids are less to my liking than natural fish that can be found in the wild. .

i agree with you on that

Most reactions

Back