Endler tank

joeishere

Reaction score
So I have a 3 gallon tank and I figured just put some endler males in there since they weren't super territorial. Well one of them had been in the tank a few more then I went and bought 3 more. Just a few days ago I noticed that one of my fish had disappeared. Now I'm noticing another one disappear and I'm sitting here watching them flare and chase each other. I'm just not sure what to do.

That is a very small tank to have multiple fish in, even nano fish like endlers. Oftentimes stress can lead to aggression or death in fish, and the crowded and cramped tank will have a lot of stress. I would take back most of them, or get a 10 gallon tank. Adding a lot of bioload all at once might have crashed your cycle as well. Have you tested for ammonia/nitrite/nitrate?

Do you mean 30L?
If not you need a bigger tank for Endlers.
I’ve some in my 120L and they’re charging about all over that are excess from MrsLurchs two 30L tanks. She’s got six in each and after seeing their behaviour in mine is thinking they need bigger.

3 gallons is to small for endless, I think they need 8 gallons minimum. 10 or 15 gallons would be better. I would get then an 8 gallon and turn the 3 gallon into a shrimp garden, a piece of small driftwood with a few live plants and some shrimp and snails would look really nice!

Most reactions

Back