Electronic Monitoring Equipment

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Thief_Catcher

Reaction score
Hello all,
I took a look behind the scene at a large local aquarium, and seen lots of large expensive electronic monitoring equipment. It looked like they had a digital meter for every water parameter. I would like to find the same type of equipment, on a smaller scale of course, that could tie into my PC. It would be nice to be able to keep a constant eye on my levels.
Does anyone use this type of stuff, or know where to get it?

Thanks,
Rod

Well, if you are poor like a church rat like me, then it's probably best to be without buying those equip.

But, if you are a rich, then look this.

That is some seriously expensive gear. This one for example, "Aqua Medic T 2001 HC Temperature monitor and controller", as far as I can see is a thermostat. Who in their right minds would pay that much for a thermostat?

the probes and what like are more for marine but can be used just as well in tropical. the best one is the IKS system by far. you ask can these be plugger into a pc, why bother, this is probably better than your pc LOL :p . they retail for £400 plus probes, and plugbars. you cand get probes for most parameters but not all like nitrate nitrite and ammonia etc.

Once you get the sensors (the expensive parts), the rest is relatively trivial. Current microcontrollers are extremely powerful, inexpensive, and fairly simple to program. It's the accurate inputs that are expensive.

Most reactions

Back