Eheim External Filters

I'm thinking of the 2071 myself for a new tank I'm setting up, but £145 seems expensive. Just googled it at can get it for £104 which includes media and free P+P

I'm thinking of the 2071 myself for a new tank I'm setting up, but £145 seems expensive. Just googled it at can get it for £104 which includes media and free P+P

Really? Where from. They normally retail around the £150 mark. Best I can find with the first page of google is £119 including media

Another vote for Eheim.

I've had my 2213 running for 5 weeks on my 180L, and since set up I haven't heard a peep out of it. Even changing sponges was easy as anything (although I'm using a + with built in taps).

Highly recommended.

Really? Where from. They normally retail around the £150 mark. Best I can find with the first page of google is £119 including media

http://www.arkpetsonline.co.uk/ Have got it for £104

also

http://shop.coxwellaquatics.co.uk

what are the headline advantages of a Pro 2 over a Classic?
And the Classic over the Fluval? i too have a Rio 180 so am looking at Eheim 2217 or Fluval 305. At the mo, the 305 is winning purely based on cost...

The Eheim Pro line offers some bells and whistles compared to the Classic line that make them easier to set up and maintain. The Classic line is cheaper but needs to be primed manually and is a bit more fiddly to take apart. Assuming equivalent turnover, there's no real differences between them in terms of performance. The Classic line is known to be extremely reliable, and all indications are that the Pro line is reliable too, but the Classics have been out for 30 years now, so there's more data on them than the Pros.

Fluval filters are good, but they're cheaper, and their build quality is noticeably lower. Their reliability isn't as high as Eheim filters, and getting spare parts for fixing problems like leaky gaskets can be more difficult. But with that said, as mid-range rather than high-end products, they're perfectly acceptable and well worth using. I've used several Fluval filters over the years and never regretted it. In fact my Rio 180 has both a Fluval 104 and an Eheim Classic 2217 attached to it!

Cheers, Neale

Most reactions

Back