Eheim 2215 Classic

geezer

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Does anyone own this? I've got it and don't seem that powerful. How hard does the water come out the spraybar?

I own a 55 gallon and it don't look like it's all that powerful for it :unsure:

It wouldn't be powerful enough for a tank that size I'm afraid. I would have hooked it up to a 2217 instead - that is based on my other Eheim filters that have a lesser output than I thought they'd have. So my advice is to always aim for much higher than they say the filter can cope with - because in my experience it can't :/
They are super filters though and I will always recommend them :good:

oh right, thanks mate, i weren't too sure. i'm actually upgrading my tank to a 90 gallon, will that 2217 be ok for it? I think i can get the filters exchanged if i'm lucky

Nope definitely not. You'll have to think about a 2028 at least.

oh right, thanks mate, i weren't too sure. i'm actually upgrading my tank to a 90 gallon, will that 2217 be ok for it? I think i can get the filters exchanged if i'm lucky

One 2217 is not enough for the 90gl, I have a 90 SWLR, and I need to use two of the 2217s. I hope this helps.

I'm using a 2213 in my 55 gallon. On the website it says 66 gallon tank size for the 2213 and 93 gallon tank size for the 2215.

Should i get the 2215 instead?

Sorry to hijack the thread, but as a matter of interest, how often do you clean your 2217s?

It depends on the water quality, usually it is steady and so far the water is in good shape. I change one of my two canisters every two months and I do not clean my second canister for at least five weeks after cleaning the first. This way it gives the canister’s culture time to grow.
Hope this helps

Most reactions

Back