Eheim 2213

hanny93

Fish Herder
Reaction score
Right, so ive just spent the morning trying to connect mynew eheim.
lost about 5 litres of water all over the floor and shoes and plugs.

anyone got any tips on priming the thing?
im at my wits end.

Priming is simple, connect it all up as per the instructions, place the inlet in the tank, suck on the outlet till the canister begins to fill and then place the outlet into a bucket, when it starts to flow out of the outflow pipe, place it into the tank and switch on, then top up as necessary as the filter will displace some water.

Yes but I have attachments like stariners etc, and when i tried to put them on whilost the water was flowing it messed everything up and sent air going through the filter :(

Literally flooded my bedroom!

I think Standby is trying to say that you need to set up the inlets/strainers etc first in the tank - then suck water up the inlets into the cannister using the outlet pipe.

When the water starts coming through,put the outlet into the tank and turn the filter on.

At least i think thats what he means :good:

I worked out what i was doing wrong, i was sucking on the inlets instead :)

Thankyou for all your help anyway, just a quick question, are they always so hummy?

Oh and I found a dwarf neon rainbow in the strainer this morning :( it was never that strong to begin with.

It'll take a while for the parts to 'bed in' but it should be pretty much silent once this has happened.

Most reactions

Back