Eheim 2213

dusty2

Reaction score
Hi All, I bought the above filter about a month ago and although it was slightly noisier than I thought it would be it was not too bad. However after I cleaned it last night it appears to much noisier. It does not sound like an air lock but more like a rattling sound. Has anyone had experience of this before.
John

Hi All, I bought the above filter about a month ago and although it was slightly noisier than I thought it would be it was not too bad. However after I cleaned it last night it appears to much noisier. It does not sound like an air lock but more like a rattling sound. Has anyone had experience of this before.
John
mine has a noisy session once in a while with the rattling what i do is let it rattle overnight once i wake up the next morning i unplug it for 2 seconds then switch it back on its fine then for a few weeks

the classic series by eheim is a no frills filter but it very robust and will last a life time if looked after. if its rattling and its deffo not trapped air then i would suggest checking the impellor and giving the powerhead a good clean out :good:

My brand new 2217 has been doing the same thing, the impeller seems fine, the spindle in tact, I have to keep the taps turned down slightly so it doesn't whistle but it still rattles slightly, I hate the thing

Whoa, I have a 2215 and it is so silent I can't believe it. It does rattle when it is first on because of air and I shake the whole canister until the air is pressed out. I'm assuming you are doing that? Alternative, could your media be too loosely packed?

Most reactions

Back