Eheim 2128 Thermo

AncientMariner

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
My tank is 54x15x24 inches (70 Gal uk) & I am thinking of running the 2128 thermo. I like the idea of not having a seperate heater in the tank & the 2128 suits upto 135 Gal.

* What do people think of this filter?

* Is it noisy?

* Will this one filter do everything I need? As I have seen alot of people run two.

Many thanks to any helpful advice.

ps - I am a newbie & would like to keep a shoal of Bala shark & Silver Dollars.

hi i have the eheim 2028 and iv got a 6x2x2 tank i only use 1 and 1 600lph juwel inturnal and dont seam to have any probs tho i did use 2eheims when my tank was marine but now its trop with a Lima shovelnose 2 oscars 3 plecos

The filter is silent. Does a great job of filtering the tank and the trays can be loaded with the traditional eheim media or anything else you want.

A 2128 is rated for a 160 gallons. Given my personal equation of "halving" company recommended ratings, you will be fine with a 2128 on your 70-gallon.

best of luck,
asaint

what is the rated size of tank 4 2028 or is it the same filter but without the heater

I've just started running a 2129 thermo on a 180lt tank (temporary measure until I get a smaller unit), seemed to clear the cloudiness of the water when first filled very quickly, and seems to make the water noticably more polished than my other tank.

Most reactions

Back