Eggs Again (missed It)

angelmouse

Fish Herder
Reaction score
my discus pair layed eggs in the community tank again today,i've been watching them clean the bogwood and tryed to catch them laying the eggs so i can see who the female is but missed it. One has a larger vent than other but not sure if you can tell by this, anyone know?
I don't know wether to try and put some kind of tank divider in as the other fish will have them for supper, the last batch lasted nearlt 2 days then disapeared just like magic.
Any advice appreciated Angel

congrats again!, i would divide the tank if you want some to survive. Good luck! also the male's is faed backwards and the females is aced forward/sraight down

Just been outsmarted by my bristlenose, he managed to get into a tiny hole at top of the mesh covering the eggs and ate them all then got stuck in there, little bugger :grr: , i had to help him out this morning, i'm sure he was licking his lips :lol: so gona set up breeding tank today.
Angel

I am sorry to hear that.

I guess there is a will, there is a way. When it comes to those tasty cavior.

I knew you have to set the breeding tank sooner or later. Not many eggs or frys can survive in the community tank. Although I did get some Lemon Tetra survivors now and then when I had a jungle tank.

I'm sure your Discus would make eggs again soon.

yh they will defo lay the eggs again,

what did they lay the eggs on?

Most reactions

Back