Eating Fish/fishing

divisible by zero

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Was just wondering how others feel about eating fish and the sport of fishing in regards to being a keeper of fish also, any moral dilemmas?

i eat fish once in a while, have never ate it much, hasn't changed since keeping them as long as i know mine are still in there tank :rolleyes:

I eat fish as long as they didn't come from my tank. I know people eat their pacus and fish like that after they die, but I would never be able to do that.

I don't eat fish because my entire family is vegetarian. I've tried it and don't like the taste. I think it's kind of sad, but we've been doing it for thousands of years and people gotta eat, so I never argue with anyone over it. I keep my feelings to myself. :)

I would hate to have a hook snatched through my cheek (or swallow it and get it lodged elsewhere) and then be lugged around by it, so of course I wouldn't do that to another creature.

Vegetarian going vegan, btw.

Been a vegetarian for 10+ years so no way! Before I became a vegetarian though,
I had tried several kinds of fish and didn't care for any of them so I didn't really have to give it up.

since i brought this up. I was veggie for 12 years before adding fish and then chicken back into my diet. I enjoy fish and the sport of fishing, but after getting invited to go fishing this weekend i'm starting to question what was once an enjoyable hobby.

I do like eating fish and enjoy fishing but I would never keep something I wouldn't eat or to put it on a wall. I prefer a humane catch and release or keeping a few to take home to eat.

Just wondering, why are you questioning the hobby now, what happend?

I must say that I have been fishing since I was a kid and will eat meat (including fish).

That being said I really dont enjoy fishing as much anymore. I have nothing against it but I just feel bad doing it (despite the fact that many course fish probably have a much healthier life than their wild counterparts and that fishing is responsible for the well being and upkeep of many lakes and rivers).

Its the same for me eating meat. I have nothing against eating an animal, its the way life is and humans have evolved for thousands of years to eat both meat and plants. That being said I dont eat much meat at all because I dont like the idea of eating dead flesh.

Most reactions

Back