Dying Java Fern?

chimera_786

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi!
I recently bought java fern (2 0r 3 rhizomes) and first planted it in the substrate which wasn't a good idea; so i placed it on a fake rock i have to make it look better. I tied it using a rubberband. Now the thing is that when i got java fern, the leaves were brown and still are. Its been like almost a week since ive had this plant. The leaves are brown and a bit shriveled. I have stock lighting that came with my tank. Am i missing nutrients that are good if provided? If so, do mention a name of some brand that makes reliable liquid nutrients.
Thanks!!

Lighting: 17W, T8
Tank: 20g
Occupants: Mayaca and java fern along with fish

PS: why is this plant often referred to as easy plant to keep? Its supposed to be hardy right?

buy a fertiliser for it, seachem flourish is good, although with your lighting i would imagine it would get all the nutrients it needs from the fish & waste. It might be chaging from emersed to submerged form.

nope, it was submerged in water when i got it. Also, isant excel bad for plants such as the fern? I read it somewhere..

the plant might of only just come in that day, it can take a few eeks, sometimes months depending on the plant to change.

never heard excel being bad for ferns, it is mainly vallis, ambulia and elodea densa that are the main ones.

Most reactions

Back