Dwelling into the world of rainbowfish

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

elephantnose3334

Fishaholic
Reaction score
I now like rainbowfish. My level 2 autism has special interest changes. First it was community tanks, then Lake Inle and now rainbowfish. I don't know why I am changing on what I like.
I am dwelling into the world of rainbowfish now. Rainbows are very interesting fish. Most of them are rare because of habitat loss. They are popular community fish. I want a tank exclusively for them. Not a community tank, just a biotope of the Mamberamo. Dwarf rainbowfish will be the livestock.
I have done research on these fish and the diseases that affect them, including Fish Tuberculosis. I will contact Vebas to check if they have clean stock.

Vebas won't have clean stock. Patrick the owner actually had Fish TB that he caught at the shop and the previous owner Harry also caught it there.

If you want clean stock, the best way is to get eggs from someone breeding them, or get fish from AI or Bay Fish and pick them up straight out of the box before they go into a shop tank. This way you get to reduce the chance of the fish picking up the bacteria in the shop tanks. That won't guarantee the fish don't have it but it lessens the chances of them contracting it. The fewer tanks they go into before you get them, the less chance of them catching something. Alternatively, just buy some and hope they don't have it.

Vebas won't have clean stock. Patrick the owner actually had Fish TB that he caught at the shop and the previous owner Harry also caught it there.

If you want clean stock, the best way is to get eggs from someone breeding them, or get fish from AI or Bay Fish and pick them up straight out of the box before they go into a shop tank. This way you get to reduce the chance of the fish picking up the bacteria in the shop tanks. That won't guarantee the fish don't have it but it lessens the chances of them contracting it. The fewer tanks they go into before you get them, the less chance of them catching something. Alternatively, just buy some and hope they don't have it.
Okay. I will do that, unless my hair grows back because I have been picking it again. :(

Most reactions

Back