FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

corrosive

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Hopefully should be getting my Puffers tomorrow :D
24" x 8" x 8" - Fluval 2+ Filter
puffertankupdate.jpg

I think it looks alright, just needs a bit of tidying up and the plants need to establish themselves.

Can only get photos of the alpha female at the moment, all others came out blurry.
Theyre both gorgeous fish, needed a good feed though. They were well under weight at the fish shop. They were quarentined because of being new arrivals but i managed to grab them out, give them a better chance IMO.
alphapuffer.jpg

alphapuffer2.jpg

They are very healthy, looks great. Pretty sure they are what I want for my 8g now, :)

Nice set up....your puffers will love you :)
On a side note..I have found that most of the time that I see dwarf puffers in stores the look malnourished, but as long as they are basically healthy should become little piggies for you in no time!

wow, now that's freaky.

I have the exact same tank .... well so far as it's the same dimensions anyway :)

I was about to start the setting up tomorrow ... with the main aim being the housing of a couple of Dwarf Puffers!!

I've bought a fluval 1+ filter (which I'll be collecting today) and I have also to pick up some sand and plants also.

Can I ask what plants you are using?

I don't think I'll be able to compete with the cheapness of your set up tho ... so far the tank has cost me 85 euro. The tank was 60 (got a filter with it, but it's not great ... I might run it alongside the fluval tho) and the fluval was 25. Plus I'll have to buy sand, wood, rocks and plants ... probably set me back another 40 euro easily.

Do you have any lights in your tank? ... I was hoping to have it as a natural lit tank ... with maybe just a basic table lamp over it.

Most reactions

Back