Dwarf gourami is not getting better

Eello

Reaction score
Recently, I have noticed my dwarf gourami is not looking the best. After a little under a week of purchase, my dwarf Gourami has slowly faded in color starting from his head down. He had some black on his face but now he's just pale. I found a few white spots on him and began some Ick treatment, but after a week he still has them. He still eats and acts normally, just doesn't look the best. What else should I be doing? Does he not actually have Ick and could it be something else?

Attachments

• 30D3FE3E-3DEA-44B5-A39C-A28F74EE5D98.jpeg
    30D3FE3E-3DEA-44B5-A39C-A28F74EE5D98.jpeg
    58.3 KB · Views: 31
  • BC7D25B5-ABAD-488E-8C10-486BAE6A472C.jpeg
    BC7D25B5-ABAD-488E-8C10-486BAE6A472C.jpeg
    86.6 KB · Views: 23
It's not white spot.

The fish is deformed and in poor physical condition. It should have been euthanised when it was a baby.

It might have intestinal worms or the gourami iridovirus. Try feeding it 3-5 times a day with a variety of dry, frozen and live foods for a few weeks. Do big water changes and gravel clean the substrate every day or two when feeding more often to keep the tank clean.
Make sure any new water is free of chlorine/ chloramine before t's added to the tank.

If you want to deworm them, see section 3 of the following link.

Recently, I have noticed my dwarf gourami is not looking the best. After a little under a week of purchase, my dwarf Gourami has slowly faded in color starting from his head down. He had some black on his face but now he's just pale. I found a few white spots on him and began some Ick treatment, but after a week he still has them. He still eats and acts normally, just doesn't look the best. What else should I be doing? Does he not actually have Ick and could it be something else?
Not the most knowledgeable on this, but I’ve tried dwarf gourami for many years and every single time, they end up like this. It was my understanding that dwarf gourami all have a chance to get a genetic disease named after them, Dwarf Gourami Disease (or Dwarf Gourami Iridovirus), look it up on google. It is always fatal, they always end up looking like that right before they die. Your fish may get better but I decided to cut ties with this fish after this continually happened.

Most reactions

Back