Dwarf Gourami Bullying

LostInTheArk

Reaction score
I have two dwarf gouramis I believe one is male and female but I feel I might be wrong now. I have one big one and the other is smaller. You can guess what I'm going to say already use the big one chases the little one and the little one ends up being chased behind a gap of the filter. I wanted to know if there is anything I can do to try prevent this before I look into possible rehoming or taking to the lfs. I've also notice it chases my danios at times too. I have a fluval Roma 90 which is 90 litres. I will add some photos later and I also plan on more plants also.

Any advice is welcome and many thanks,

LITA :)

Try with more plants? I have the same problem too and they hide within the plants.

I don't really think there's anything you can try. Maybe in a four foot tank you could add a load of extra plants to break up their sightlines, but that's not going to work in a 90l, I'm afraid.

Female DGs are usually larger than the males and are almost completely silver; you can barely see any stripes on them at all. But subdominant males can look very female, especially in an all male tank.

I think you'll have to separate them.

iv had the same problem the males are a lot more colorful and the females are bland. But the males are jerks in general theres not much you can do, at least not that i know of

Most reactions

Back