Dwarf Chain Loaches In A 55 Gallon

kingmed

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
I was thinking about getting some of these small guys, the question is could I get 2 or 3 of them and put them in with my 4 yo yo loaches---would they all school together? I know it's best to keep 4-5 together but just curious if they'd be happy with just a few?

I was thinking about getting some of these small guys, the question is could I get 2 or 3 of them and put them in with my 4 yo yo loaches---would they all school together? I know it's best to keep 4-5 together but just curious if they'd be happy with just a few?

My Sids don't pay any attention to my YoYo's and visa versa, You could get three and see how they do, I would recommend at least 6 though. What size are your YoYo's? Do you know they will reach 8"? 55g should be OK for them.

My Sids don't pay any attention to my YoYo's and visa versa, You could get three and see how they do, I would recommend at least 6 though. What size are your YoYo's? Do you know they will reach 8"? 55g should be OK for them.
I've decided against any other laches, I'm thinking about maybe getting a SAE in the tank to kind of keep any algae from starting up in the tank.

I guess you're not getting them, but they're perfectly fine in a 55 gal. IME, none of the loaches associate strongly with other/similar species.

Yoyos are also fine in a 55 gal. While I've seen reports of larger yoyos, they rarely seem to break 5" in length.

Most reactions

Back