Dubawi Catfish

pablo182

Reaction score
I recently purchased 5 dubawi catfish and at first they seemed fine and very active, but in the last few days they have been laying on the bottom and acting like my corys, but when i feed them they start to swim around like before. Just wondering if this is normal behavior for this type of fish hope someone can shed some light on this matter.

pablo

I take you mean Pareutropius debauwi African glass catfish .
if so this is quite common behaviour for them.

No they are not glass catfish, and this is the correct spelling Debauwi

yes Pareutropius debauwi
african glass catfish, aka debauwi catfish, aka 100 more common names!

My apologies Wolf, I have just googled the name you gave and these are indeed the fish we have.

Thanx for your response, it is reasurring to know that they are not behaving in an unusual manner.
Just a shame we don't see them much as they are a lovely fish!!

Thanx again.

Pablo

It is very common of them, in groups they don't move much and stay compact in one place, they're not very hardy either.

I recently purchased 5 dubawi catfish and at first they seemed fine and very active, but in the last few days they have been laying on the bottom and acting like my corys, but when i feed them they start to swim around like before. Just wondering if this is normal behavior for this type of fish hope someone can shed some light on this matter.

pablo

If you put floating plants in the tank, then they will also lie in those. They should perk up and go crazy at feeding time...

Most reactions

Back