Drunk fish or dead fish?

teacherspet

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Last night I went to a party where they was a 60 G freshwater tank with cichilids, a pleco and a catfish. There were a few people at this party that were a little drunk and one person decided it would be a good idea to give the "fishies" a little beer. I saw him, and fortunately talked him out of it, telling him it could kill the fish. They were giving me a hard time for not letting him put some beer in the tank. This was not my tank, and the owner of the tack wasn't there. So I told them it would throw off the PH and poison the fish, but I was wondering what really would happen?? I would like to have a better answer ready in the future. Oh wait, there will be no future since I won't be hanging out with them again!

the alchol would get inside of them and cause serious neurological and kidney/liver problems as well as burning there skin and gills

I don't no that's awful, yes it would of killed the fish that's all you need to tell them in future, maybe say you will report them to animal welfare.

Tell them it will kill the fish and then tell them how much the setup is worth. You could even fudge a little and say that a few of the fish in there are really really expensive ones (which might be true). People will be a lot more reserved to possibly harm the fish if they think it might cost more than the fish that they used to win at carnivals for bouncing a ping pong ball in a small cup.

I think someone on the forum dropped a glass of coke in their tank (accidentally, of course) and her fish unfortunately all died in a very short time. I can't imagine alcohol would be any different.

Most reactions

Back