Dropsy

bubblej17

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
hi there, i wrote a post before about my black mollie sitting on the floor an awful lot well since GERM wrote a reply (thank you) saying it could be dropsy ive read about it and just went down to check my mollie and he looks so much worse i need to start treating him tomorrow but what can i use thats safe for my fry??? i do have a spare tank that i could put him in but wont the main tank be infected? like i said others are twitchin dunno if its linked!!!

Only if the other fish eat a dead fish or pick on a fish that has dropsy, can the other fish catch dropsy.
Be sure to stay on top of water changes weekly. This will help prevent dropsy often, as poor water quality can sometimes be a factor. :nod:

Check this out!!

Read this too!!

The above to links should be quite helpful some more.

However most treatments are ineffective here are some things you can try if you want.
Kanacyn
Maracyn-2

Also if their scales are already sticking out and they do not respond to treatment you may want to consider euthanizing.

Best of Luck!! :flowers:

Only if the other fish eat a dead fish or pick on a fish that has dropsy, can the other fish catch dropsy.
Be sure to stay on top of water changes weekly. This will help prevent dropsy often, as poor water quality can sometimes be a factor. :nod:

Check this out!!

Read this too!!

The above to links should be quite helpful some more.

However most treatments are ineffective here are some things you can try if you want.
Kanacyn
Maracyn-2

Also if their scales are already sticking out and they do not respond to treatment you may want to consider euthanizing.

Best of Luck!! :flowers:

HI AND THANKS FOR YOU QUICK REPLY,
NO HE'S NOT GETTING PICKED ON HE WONT LET THE OTHERS NEAR HIM HIS SCALES ARE POPPIN OUT A BIT MORE EVERYTIME I LOOK AT HIM, HOW MUCH WOULD I BE LOOKING AT FOR TREATMENT IS IT CUREABLE?

It is often not curable, however prices for treatments vary depending upon where you live. So you will want to check your LFS.

well i got some ''internal bacteria'' medicine today so finger crossed i hope i caught it in time, thanks for help :rolleyes:

Most reactions

Back