Driftwood

oogaboogaman

Reaction score
I have a piece of driftwood about 8 inches long 4 inches wide and high. I was using it for my reptile tank but i decided to move them into a smaller tank and use the bigger tank for my fish.
How should i clean the driftwood so that i can use it in my fish tank without contaminating the fish from the reptiles using it?

thanks

I have a piece of driftwood about 8 inches long 4 inches wide and high. I was using it for my reptile tank but i decided to move them into a smaller tank and use the bigger tank for my fish.
How should i clean the driftwood so that i can use it in my fish tank without contaminating the fish from the reptiles using it?

thanks

It would be much easier and safer to get a new bit of drift wood but if you cant then scrub it well under warm water then steralize it over night, this should be ok but just to be safe i would soak it in water for a few days, changing the water dailly.

I would scrub it then put it in the bath. Pour a number of kettles of boiling water over it to sterlise it before soaking it as mentioned above. Refill bath every day and leave it for at least 5 days before putting it in your tank. Better safe then sorry.

:good:

Most reactions

Back