Dragon gobies???

nick.w

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
what are these fish i looeked on the net and culdnt find anything, any information on the fw water type wuld be appreciated. Links wuld b helpful, thanks

Gobiodes broussonetti is a predator. However, it rarely takes small fish other than fry as it is a filter feeder. If you want a web site search under this name. They are very peaceful even though they sometimes might appear to be lethal predators. This fish is really ugly but it is still very interesting, almost charming.

EDIT: CF has the right name - Gobioides peruanus sorry mixed them up. :crazy:

There are two fish commonly known as dragon gobies, Gobioides broussonnetii and Gobioides peruanus. The first G.broussonnetii is a truely brackish water fish and cannot survive for long periods in fresh water, the second G.peruanus is found in both brackish and freshwater and can happily live in either provided the water is not excessively soft or acidic. The trouble comes in that both fish are near identical to look at with the only differences being the final adult size and that G.broussonnetii is a lighter colour with dark vertical stripes when adult, G.broussonnetii is also the larger of the two with a maximum recorded size of 25" compared to G.peruanus which tops out at around 15". Both species are filter feeders and can prove difficult to feed unless you have a good supply of small live foods such as daphnia and young brine shrimp as they can have difficulty swallowing larger foods, once the fish is around 10" in length they can also manage bloodworms and glassworms.

try voilet goby (look at my name) lol

water should be about 75
add some salt (1.005)
eats alge wafers (most people think its a carnivor but its not)
can go in comunity tanks with some salt.
good tank mates are large mollies
they can jump so have a lid
they NEED a cave
they cant see well so drop the food infront of were they stay
um... i think thats about all i do... oh!!! dim light makes him look around for food so dont have a bring light or he will hide all the time, thats all i can think of

We have 8 violet (dragon) gobies and in 2 months they have doubled in size The biggest is about 8 inches and they are fed bloodworm,daphnia and chopped very small cockle prawn and mussel. They are great to watch,digging in the sand substrate and re arranging the tank.

Most reactions

Back