Dojo Loach

Ricky Savage

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
i am getting a 60 gal aquarium within the weeks time and when im finished cycling i would like it to be mostly a catfish/loach community...ive always liked dojo loaches, what would be a good number to keep together to promote good health less stress?...any additional information on them is greatly appreciated

If you're putting these guys in a 60 gallon tank, you have plenty of room for the dojo loaches at least. I reccomend at least 3, with 5 being great. Odd numbers are slightly better so that you don't have isolated pairs. They usually appreciate cooler water, although you never know exactly what subspecies you're getting when you buy them. They do well enough in a tropical tank as well. Because of their body type, the inch of fish/gallon of water rule can be stretched when dealing with dojos. Since both dojos and most catfish are primarily bottom-dwellers, however, I would make sure you don't overcrowd that part of your tank.
There's a lot of fantastic information on dojo loaches here. Good luck with the tank; it sounds like it'll be a real beauty! :)

Most reactions

Back