Doh!

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

TwoTankAmin

Fish Connoisseur
Reaction score
Yesterday I pulled apart the L236 tank, well the left half anyway, to remove fry. When done I had three hang on the front water circulating traps with different sized fry. Due to the setup I had to put the smallest fry into a dip-and-pour initially. Once I got the tank put back together, I had 28 fry, 12 of them the smallest size. I set up the 3rd and final trap at that point and in went the fry.

Because I had some issues with the air system powering the water flow, when I woke up at about 5:30 this morning I decided to do a check and make sure all was well. The 5 big ones were fine, the 11 inch+ fry were all fine but, when I got to the 3rd trap, there wasn't a single fry in it. Turns out I had forgotten to insert the barrier in the overflow that insures nothing can swim out. So all 12 fry are back where they started.

DOH!

Oh gosh. That's like something I'd do ;)

:lol:

The simplest things that are so easily missed are the ones that causes a whole lotta issues :x

amen ch4rlie. I tried to vacuum my gravel, had the hose thingy pointing down towards the bucket. Well, I thought I did. Turned out I didn't actually bring the bucket with me and I soaked my laptop :(

Most reactions

Back