Does this look misty to you??

pandapops001

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Hi just wondering if you think this looks too misty, it hasnt come out as well as i would have hoped, but i dont know if there is something wrong, the filter/heater has been on all night, BTW - i will be added some real plants at the back (so dont laugh at the current minimalist look) My Tank 27.5gal
Regards Miranda

If it's a new tank, you normally get some dust in the water from the gravel. It will take a couple of days to filter that out. no idea what else could be causing it??

Thank you very much Dorsal, i was thinking of emptying the tank and starting all over, until your advice, however it has worked the water is really clear now, and looks great, cant wait for the cycle to sort itself out, so that i can add some fish,

Thing is the rocks and ornaments now have tiny worm type things only its more like cobwebs that you sometimes get on the ceiling, you know the very thin type that you can only see with a shadow, do you have any ideal what this could be, everything was thoroughly washed before being put into the tank,
am i doing something wrong ??
do i need to start this all over again??

Thanks
Miranda

hey eveyrone, i seem to be have thse cobwebs type of problem too.

My current beta is sitting in a classic fish bowl (no gravel/plants, just water in a bowl) at the moment (unitl i get around to settin gup my 10 gallon tank), but this mroning i did a water hcange, afternoon i came back adn found that whispy white cobweb thing floating all over my tank :blink: not the first tim ei've seen it either, a tfirst i thought it was the beta pooping but then i really didn't think so..

are these cobweb things harmful to fish in any way?

Its really bizarre, and i dont know whether to try and remove them, start over or just ignore them??

If it is algae, is that a bad thing??

Thanks
Miranda

I am still not sure what you have there but my feeling is that it has something to do with the tank being new. I dont think it is anything nasty but try to remove it if you can without causing yourself to much work and just keep everything else as it is. It may even go away on its own.

Okay, i put my clean hands into the tank to clean it from the ornaments, plants etc, but the larger strands broke into a million pieces and what didnt break, just floated away, and settled elsewhere, do you think this will be harmful to the fish (when i eventually get them i mean)?

What all have you added to your tank so far? Like chemicals, conditioners, etc. And did you rinse your plants and ornaments in really hot water? or did you use something on them? Angel

Hi, i added nutrafin conditioner, and nutrafin cycle, the ornaments were left in very hot water and then washed once i could get my hands in with them, no chemicals were used.

I washed the gravel until it ran clear, again with just water,

Oh, and i also added some fish flakes as i heard it could cause ammonia, just until i can get to boots (tomorrow).

Will i have to start over

No you will not have to start over. Keep going what ever that stuff is/was doesnt seem like it will cause any harm we are all just trying to figure out what the heck it is. But you are fine. Get your ammonia and get cycling..BTW did any of us mention that you will need patience during the cycle. Just read and reread the article on cycling without fish and ask questions when you need to here and just believe that as frustrating as it MAY get that it will cycle. Good Luck and have fun :)

Most reactions

Back