Does my fish look bloated?

Wertzie23

Reaction score
Hi! I’m semi new to betta guardianship and just want to make sure my guy Artimus is healthy. He is active and ravenous for food but I only feed him small amounts at a time 3 times a day. I occasionally give him half of a shelled cooked pea to help with digestion and pre soak his pellets before giving them to him. I check the water almost daily because I’m paranoid but everything is good there. His heater keeps his water around 78-80. I was told he is a half moon king betta but he’s quite large so he could possibly be a giant. From the image does he look healthy? I worry I’m not feeding him enough or too much😅 Thank you in advance!

Attachments

• IMG_4184.jpeg
    IMG_4184.jpeg
    147 KB · Views: 12
Bettas are obligate carnivores, peas aren't very good for them.

For bettas, daphnia is a better food to offer to help with digestion instead :)

He looks a bit overfed, but not fully bloated. I've seen worse.

Keep his food portion good, remember their stomach is roughly the size of their eyeball. So 1-2 bloodworms, a couple pellets, etc at a time.

Bettas are obligate carnivores, peas aren't very good for them.

For bettas, daphnia is a better food to offer to help with digestion instead :)

He looks a bit overfed, but not fully bloated. I've seen worse.

Keep his food portion good, remember their stomach is roughly the size of their eyeball. So 1-2 bloodworms, a couple pellets, etc at a time.
Thank you!! I’m going to order daphnia right now. And I really need to be more disciplined with Artie, he acts starved most of the time😂. I’m going to go to twice a day and only 3-4 pellets. Thank you again for your response!

Most reactions

Back