Does My Cory Have Eggs In Her Belly?

robert.sadler

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi

Erm title says it all really

The pictures are pretty poop so apologies but hopefully you can get the general gist!?

DSC00372.jpg

DSC00373.jpg

DSC00374.jpg

DSC00375.jpg

If she does then whats next?

Cool water changes etc ????

Cheers

Robert

Can’t really tell from the pics but if she has eggs then her and any males in the tank will breed when they are happy. They can be encouraged to breed by water changes and temperature variations. Quite often a water change that lowers the tank temperature several degrees Celsius works well to stimulate the fish into breeding activity.
If you don't have any other corys in the tank I would suggest getting a few more as they are schooling fish and do best in groups.

Hi robert.sadler

Nice looking cory (from what I could see).

What Colin_T said plus...

It's easier to tell if you look at her from the top or bottom. Here belly will be sort of barrel shaped.

It's not just the cooler water that will set them off. You usually need 2 males, nutritious food for a couple of weeks before (bloodworms, brine shrimp,etc. frozen is ok), a 'safe and comfortable' environment (no stress) and sometimes a low pressure front with rain helps too.

One other clue that they're getting ready is that both the males and female start cleaning leaves. With mine, they like the broad sword plant leaves. Both males also start to show a lot of interest in the female and jockey with each other. It's a site to see.

Good luck.

Most reactions

Back