Does it matter if I see my guppies poo?

Jinx_

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi, I don't see them poo that often. I often thought livebearers were constant poopers? Or are just juvis not such poop machines?

They've had tons of frozen daphnia yesterday, some Hikari's First Bites today along with algae wafers (for hungry shrimps but yeah).

One little female's poo was white stringy, but didn't seem to be paper white. I think it was just cause she doesn't seem to be such a voracious food monster like other guplets are.

Another juvi near adol female, she's had her big belly for a bit now. Males are crazy about her, chasing and doing their thing with her. So I guess this one's pregnant? At this age?

IMG_3612.jpeg

I just want to confirm whether I'm just sane or paranoid?

Does it matter if I see my guppies poo?
That depends on if your guppies mind you watching them while they use the bathroom :)

Most people don't see their fish poop but sometimes they do. Stringy white poop on livebearers usually means intestinal worms. Section 3 of the following link has information about treating fish with intestinal worms.

Well, I've been told it's also could be due to not eating much. Guess I'll have to keep my eye on them.

Most reactions

Back