Does anyone have a tank like this?

nigejackson

Reaction score
I purchased this tank approx 15 months ago from a local garden centre - this is my first tank. I think it is a Roma 100 - there were no booklets with it. It now appears to be obselete and I am struggling to find replacement filter - it was only supplied with one fine blue sponge.

Anyone recognise this tank or can offer advice.

Thanks

Attachments

• Fish_Tank.JPG
    Fish_Tank.JPG
    23.4 KB · Views: 68
I don't believe it is obsolete, I have seen this type of tank at the larger shops here in Houston. What exactly are you looking for that you can't seem to find. Other than a lid everything else is pretty much generic to tanks.

It looks like a great tank to me. :cool:

:cool: Awesome tank. I have never seen anything like it. If you dont mind me asking where and how much was the tank? I want one. Ginger

if you need a blue sponge for a filter then it sounds like a fluval. pop down to your lfs, find a box of replacement fluval sponges, open it and see if those sponges looks like what you've got :thumbs: hth

AWESOME LOOKING TANK. I WANT IT!! If you figure out who makes it, please email me. I would love to buy one like it.
Deb

loads of garden centres round here do them tanks and still get new ones

if not give me ur details and i'll get u some sponges for it

A bit more info.
I live in South Yorkshire, UK. The tank cost GBP 275.00 (purchased from Victoria Garden Centre, Sharlston). It is a 100 litre, 20 gallon tank. It uses only one fine blue squarish sponge (though I added a 2nd so when one needed replacing, I could add a new one and retain a mature one). The Juwel sponges on offer do not fit - I have emailed Juwel and am awaiting a reply.
The tank looks nice, but is a bugger to maintain - the whole hood needs to be removed and the power cables fed through - I am thinking about upgrading to a Juwel Vision 260.

Any comments on any of the above.

Cheers.

try looking at pond shops, they should sell large pieces of foam that can be cut to size.

like i said, sounds like fluval - try them :thumbs: (you could take in your blue sponge and compare with sponges in the shop :nod: , although you'd have to stop the filter for a while... -_- )

any sponge of the right thickness can be cut to size. If you find one of the same texture it should work.

opcn

Most reactions

Back