Do You Think His Fins Have Grown In 4 Days?

debbie888

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Well if you read my last post you will remember the betta I bought thinking it was female....lol....well these pics show he is most definately not female. He has settled in really well and is very socialble...I can hand feed him....and he comes to the front of the tank everytime I go in the kitchen....! He is called Charlie :)

God hes a looker :wub: :wub: :wub:

Attachments

• charlie1_updated.jpg
    charlie1_updated.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 21
  • charlie3update1again.jpg
    charlie3update1again.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 20
  • charlie222.jpg
    charlie222.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 29
Definately growing :good: he's gonna be a little hearbreaker :wub: :wub:

He died this morning.....water stats all fine, been doing water changes....damn it...I am not a happy person....was great just watching him over the last couple of days with his fins growing :(:(

He died this morning.....water stats all fine, been doing water changes....damn it...I am not a happy person....was great just watching him over the last couple of days with his fins growing :(:(
Oh no thats awful. :sad: He looked like he was doing so well too.

Oh no thats awful. :sad: He looked like he was doing so well too.

He was doing really well....maybe the stress of being in a tank full of nasty fin nippers at the LFS...then me taking him was just too much stress for him.....I dunno....god I am fed up now! :(:(:(

Aww.
im sorry to hear that.
he might of been sick or just died because of anything?
who knows..
hope you feel better soon.
xo

aww huni so sorry

was there anything odd about his behaviour or anything like that b4 he died?

aww huni so sorry

was there anything odd about his behaviour or anything like that b4 he died?

Thanks Pheonixbaby...cannot believe I feel so sad about it....!

I fed him this morning early on...and he ate a couple of blood worm.....then I noticed he seemed to be making a bubble nest?

He was not swimming about as much as he has been...and seemed to be at the top of the water a lot (oxygen)? He did not seem to be gasping at all though, just seemed to be hanging about at the top?

Any ideas?

Know he has only just died...but I so want to get another one now....not trying to replace him but I just so liked him!

Oh no....that's awful news Debbie :sad: :sad: He was looking so good....what a shock.

:rip: little guy.

:byebye: I am so sorry for your loss. Sadly we don't know how old they are when we get them from the lfs. He just may of be old. You gave him some peace and love before he died. (HUG)!!!!! Bye Charlie! :rip:

Oh no....that's awful news Debbie :sad: :sad: He was looking so good....what a shock.

I know netty....I cannot believe it....it would of been interesting to see how he would of turned out, once all his fins had grown back...! It was the colouring that I really liked...looked like he was gonna have some lilac colour on his fins at the edge.....boo hoo.

Normally I would not replace a fish....but I have been to a couple of places today and saw a betta....and thought sod it....I will try again...he was in a tank with a load of platies and I thought bet he might like to come home with me.

I feel bad replacing the one I lost this morning, but happy I have a new little boy!

:byebye: I am so sorry for your loss. Sadly we don't know how old they are when we get them from the lfs. He just may of be old. You gave him some peace and love before he died. (HUG)!!!!! Bye Charlie! :rip:

Thanks

Well this is true...maybe he was just old? who knows? Yep he had 4 days of care from little old me...!

I know netty....I cannot believe it....it would of been interesting to see how he would of turned out, once all his fins had grown back...! It was the colouring that I really liked...looked like he was gonna have some lilac colour on his fins at the edge.....boo hoo.

Normally I would not replace a fish....but I have been to a couple of places today and saw a betta....and thought sod it....I will try again...he was in a tank with a load of platies and I thought bet he might like to come home with me.....the guy in the shop said he is a combtail or something! Not that I know which it is.lol

I feel bad replacing the one I lost this morning, but happy I have a new little boy!

Thanks

Well this is true...maybe he was just old? who knows? Yep he had 4 days of care from little old me...!

Dont look at it as replacing him just that you are giving another a better life.

Most reactions

Back