Do You Know If Wal-mart Sells This?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Durbkat

Untrainable
Reaction score
Does anyone know if walmart sells a 45 gallon fish tank or a 55 gallon fish tank because I am going to buy one from them if they have it since its cheaper and am going to use my x-mas money and money I already have to get it.

I believe I have seen 50 or 55 gallon "kits" there from time to time. I'd bet, since its the holiday season, that most would have a couple in stock............... You could always give them a call.

Thanks alot MAM. I will try to get over there after x-mas once I get my money from my x-mas cards. :D

The Walmart near me has 55 kits. Personally I'd rather buy the pieces all seperately though -- the filters, etc. that come with those kits tend to be kind of junk, IMHO.

Yeah all I wanted out of the kit was the tank,hood and light, and if it comes with one the stand. I will be getting my own filter from whisper power filters I have them in all my tanks and they work perfectly for me.

The Walmart near me has 55 kits. Personally I'd rather buy the pieces all seperately though -- the filters, etc. that come with those kits tend to be kind of junk, IMHO.
Actually, I have one of those kits, and the only thing I've replaced is the heater.
I bought the kit....but the stand was crap, so don't buy your stand from there.

Whats wrong with the stand? What kind of filter and heater did it come with? How much did you pay for it?

Ya I would have to agree the stands are crap, I just get that from looking at them. Plus you probaly can find something much nicer and about the same price, for the stand which I believe was around 100, bit idk, it was a while ago, like 14 months ago.

I wouldn't trust the quality in Wal-mart. ("We sell for Less") I guess it depends on the fish your buying. For me, I'd rather spend more money and get a quality set.

if you are worried that it is cheaply made, just make sure the glass is thick enough. for a stand, i would make my own because it would be much cheaper, better quality, stronger, and i can customize it

look here:

http://www.magicyellow.com/category/Pet_Shops/-State_KY.html

There are alot of other fish shops in Kentucky that you could go to rather than going to your local walmart. You will usually get better advice and better quality livestock.

Ben
I don't buy fish from them I just want to get a tank from them because those pet shops that were listed in that link even the ones in my city are to far away for me to get a ride there and my lps called feeders supply has tanks but I saw like a 29g tank for $300 or something like that so they are to expensive and walmart is cheaper than this pet store. But like I said earlier all I want out of the kit is the tank,the hood and light, and the stand if it isn't to flimsy.

I must agree Wal-Mart isnt well known for selling quality aquarium products. and you will find that in the long run, buying better equipment will save you time and heartache in the future, If you have expensive highly prized fish shouldnt you give them the best????

Good luck with your tank! ;)

Whats wrong with the stand? What kind of filter and heater did it come with? How much did you pay for it?
Very cheap, and yet worse, cheap looking.
Wisper filter and heater.
I spent over $400 on the whole project, but the stand was $179, and the tank was $160 the rest of it was spent on decore.
And that was going cheap. The stand was nice though....also, I paid $30 for a python

you can make a tank of a stand for 40$ so its not worth it to buy one in a set. i'd say look in the want adds and the classified section here and ebay until a 55 tank with hoo comes up. thats what i got then got the rest seperate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back